Cashmere is a delicate fabric, but if you clean, dry, and store your cashmere properly, it is easy to keep it in excellent shape. These easy steps will help you keep your cashmere fresh:
- Fill your washtub with cold water and add detergent like Tangent GC detergent, baby shampoo, or dish soap.
- Let your item soak in the basin for 3-6 minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
- Take out your item and fold it up into a ball to get the excess water out. Don’t wring your cashmere, it can stretch out the delicate material.
- Place your item flat on a towel and roll it up to remove any remaining water.
- Lay your clothing on a drying rack or place it between two towels to dry.
You can also use a washing machine to clean cashmere. Put the garment in a laundry or mesh bag before you place it in the machine and select the gentle cycle on cold water. You can also have your cashmere cleaned by a professional - dry-cleaning is always a good idea for your cashmere.
Makeup or grease-based: First blot the stain. Then, pre-treat by soaking the cashmere in mild shampoo.
Chocolate: Dip a cloth in liquid detergent and lightly rub the stained area, taking care not to scrub too hard.
Red wine, tea, or coffee: Gently rub the stain with a cloth dipped in a mix of cold water and dish-washing liquid. Avoid soap or machine detergents, which can set red wine stains rather than remove them. Afterward, rinse your garment in cold water and let it dry on a rack. Your cashmere should be as good as new!Daily care
To keep your cashmere looking it's best, keep these tips in mind:
- Don’t hang your cashmere sweaters. A hanger will distort the shoulders, and the garment will lose its original shape.
- Fold your cashmere and keep it in a drawer or on a shelf away from moisture.
No matter how careful you try to be, you might end up with a small stain on your sweater. Click here to find care products which may help you keep your cashmere products in perfect condition.
Bamboo is to cotton what cashmere is to wool.
Bamboo fibers are made of cellulose, pulled out of fast-growing and very woody bamboo grass. Bamboo fibers are often processed as viscose, which also consists of cellulose. Bamboo has the advantage that it grows quickly, does not need to be fertilized and can withstand drought. It is a breathable fiber that still absorbs moisture.
Bamboo-fiber products can be washed at a maximum of 60 degrees - although, with modern detergents it is perfectly fine to wash at lower temperatures. By doing it this way, you ensure your products to stay true to shape and quality.
Washing at lower temperatures and with the inside out, gives the longest life of the bamboo clothing. While the strength of the bamboo fibers
Washing at lower temperatures and with the inside out gives the longest life of the bamboo clothes. As the strength of the bamboo fibers is reduced when they are wet, the bamboo clothes should only be air dried.
You can find our care products for bamboo-fiber clothing here.
Egyptian cotton is the finest and softest cotton quality in the world. The quality of the cotton depends on how long and fine the fibers are. Here it is crucial to have long fibers to get a strong and fine thread. Egyptian cotton is the type of cotton that has the longest cotton fibers. The length of the Egyptian cotton fibers varies between 30 and 50 mm, and therefore the Egyptian cotton is considered to be the finest and best cotton in the world. Egyptian cotton is extremely durable and long lasting. Proper care of Egyptian cotton can last longer, and at the same time look good for several years.How to wash your Egyptian cotton clothing
Use these simple instructions on how to keep your Egyptian cotton clothing soft as always.
- Set your washing machine for the gentle cycle on the cold setting, and pour mild detergent into the washing machine, starting the cycle so that it can be filled with water. For white Egyptian cotton, add 1 cup of non-chlorine bleach to washing machine as well.
- Close the lid of the machine when it is completely filled with water and let it agitate for a few seconds. This ensures that the detergent is completely dissolved in the water.
- Only add the Egyptian cotton to the washing machine and let the machine run the full wash. Washing Egyptian cotton alone prevents it from being damaged in washing other garments.
- Let the Egyptian cotton hang by air drying, or tumble dry on low. Egyptian cotton can be ironed on heat if desired.
Never use fabric softener for your Egyptian cotton. It destroys the fibers. You can find the needed care products for your Egyptian cotton here.